January 16, 5pm-january 17, 9am
Our Middle School and High School LOCK-IN is coming SOON! It will be held here at the church Sunday, January 16th starting at 5:00 PM, and will go through Monday, the 17th at 9:30 AM. I am incredibly excited about this time to gather as a youth group, and truly believe the Lord is going to do something great in the hearts of our students! The theme for the LOCK-IN is “Glass Half Empty” with a strong focus on denying culture’s influence on our walk with the Lord. My heart is to create a place where students can encounter God in a deeper way through worship, teaching, and community.
Here is the schedule of events for the LOCK-IN:
- 5-6pm. Registration, get parent info. Dinner. Ground rules. (Pizza. Krazy Karl’s)
- 6:15-6:45. Worship.
- 6:45-7:15. Message
- 7:30-8:00. Dessert
- 8:00-9:30ish. Whole group game
- 9:30-11:30. Movie (We provide popcorn, and drinks from earlier, kids are welcome to bring their own snacks too)
- 12:00-6:30am. Lights out, sleepy time. (Boys on 3rd Floor, Girls in the Zone).
- 8:00am-9:00. Breakfast and group devotional.
- 9:00-9:30. Pick-up and leave
There are a couple of things students should bring to make the LOCK-IN as comfortable as possible!
- A sleeping bag and pillow
- A bible, notebook, and something to write with
- A change of clothes for the morning (a hoodie will be good just in case of getting cold at night)
- Any personal hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- Wear comfortable clothes to do activities in