SERVE LOVELAND 2020
While this year's Serve Loveland looks different because of COVID, we still have a special opportunity to serve our community — meeting needs and sharing the love of Jesus in practical ways. No serve is too small and we wanted to share some creative ideas of how we can all serve together throughout the week. We are so expectant for God to move in powerful ways as we share acts of kindness with those around us in the name of Jesus.
SERVE WEEK - STARTS AUGUST 9!
CHECK OUT THESE SERVE IDEAS!
- Free garage sale
- Leave flowers and a note on your neighbors doorsteps
- Bring lunches to construction workers
- Help with minor car repairs for elderly, widows or single parents
- Help with home cleanup or repairs for those who are physically or financially unable to do it themselves
- Host free car wash
- Offer free yard work in your neighborhood
- Clean up or help with landscaping for a local school
- Collect toys and games for kids in need
- Build wheelchair ramp for a family
- Deliver fresh flowers to residents
- Let kids make crafts that can be given to residents
- Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for residents
- Volunteer to provide food and/or serve a meal at Front Porch Outreach
- Drop off lunch and notes to the staff at the Larimer County Food Bank
- Sign up for a shift at KidsPak
- Corral shopping carts at a local supermarket
- Take treats to local librarians, fire fighters, or first responders.
- Lead community trash clean up
- Offer to wash windows of locally owned business
- Give away groceries
- Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
- Provide healthy snacks to chemotherapy patients
- Deliver care packages for employees
- Offer to drop coffee or lunch to employees
A FEW REMINDERS
- Go slow- keep your eyes and ears open so you can notice things and people.
- Get eye level with people. Sit on a curb, kneel beside wheelchair, pull up a seat, never hover.
- Don’t assume what people need, ask questions, and listen to understand.
- Call people by name.
- Smile, take a deep breath. We’re doing this with the Holy Spirit and the goal is to spread love.