Single and Pregnant?
Get support, find hope, experience joy!
When you join an Embrace Grace group you:
- Make friends in a judgment-free community of women who want to encourage and support you.
- Get a baby shower thrown for you! We've got your baby needs covered!
- Say goodbye to fear and hello to joy! We help you find hope when life doesn't make sense.
If you are single and pregnant, contact us at (909) 568-4572 or [email protected].
Thursdays beginning February 16 at 5:30 p.m.
3429 N. Monroe Ave. | Loveland, CO
Join us on Thursday, February 2 from 6-7 PM in the GSC Family Room to hear more about Embrace Grace at Good Shepherd. The leaders will be there to give an overview of the program before the next semester begins February 16. There will also be a time to ask questions and give feedback.
We hope to see anyone there who has volunteered, wants to volunteer or knows someone who would be a good fit for the program.
Embrace Grace at Good Shepherd provides emotional, practical, and spiritual support for single, young pregnant women who find themselves in an unexpected pregnancy. The primary goal of Embrace Grace is to empower the church to be a safe and nonjudgmental place for these young women to run to when they find out they are pregnant, instead of the last place they are welcomed because of shame and guilt. It is a 12 week program that teaches them about God's love and grace, and at the end we will give them a baby shower to honor them for choosing life and to help provide for their baby’s needs. For more information on Embrace Grace ministries, please visit embracegrace.com.
Would you prayerfully consider coming along side us as we launch this ministry and serve weekly in the group meetings, or consider serving at the events that are a part of this program? Check out the list below on ways you can get involved with Embrace Grace at GSC.
(Each volunteer role is for one semester. Volunteers are welcome to continue into the next semester or try a new role.)
- Meal Train: Bringing a meal for the group. We will have a meal train set up with slots for each week of the bible study. We plan to have a 30 minute meal time prior to the 6pm start time for the girls.
- Share Your Story Volunteer: Someone with a testimony similar to those young single pregnant mamas in Embrace Grace, to share at our Testimony Night.
- Steward: Sowing into the ministry through donation of tangible goods, services or finances that contribute to events such as the Baby Shower.
- Intercessor(s): Praying consistently for all facets of Embrace Grace such as the individual girls, weekly prayer requests, etc
- Thank You Cards: Writing Thank You cards as needed throughout the semester for large donations, speakers etc
Baby Shower/ Princess Combo Day Event
- Gift List Manager: Someone very organized with extra time who will be managing the specific gift lists for each girl. They are responsible for confirming that each gift has been purchased on the list.
- Hostess: Guides guests in to meet the Brave Girl they "Adopted" and help bring gifts in from cars, and back out to the girls cars after the shower.
- Decor: Setting up and tearing down decor for the event.
- Food: Find donations for or orders food for the event i.e. cupcakes, drinks, any other food items
- Invitations: Purchase or create invitations to give to each Brave Girl and all gift givers to invite to the event.
- Photographer: Photographs the event and shares photos with leaders to distribute to the girls after.
- Hair & Makeup: Helps make the girls feel beautiful for their big day!
- Babysitter: Help take care of any babies or siblings needed so mom can enjoy the day!
- Goody Bags: Gather donations of items for each Brave Girl to receive on that day i.e. journal, devotional, jewelry, lotions, bath items, cute hair accessories.